ICON SAFETY CONSULTING INC.
ICON’s Wildlife Awareness training is more than just Bear Awareness, it is a course that gives you the tools to avoid negative encounters with: bears, cougars, wolves, coyotes, foxes, moose, bison, snakes, spiders, wasps, mice, ticks, bed bugs along with learn valuable driving safety. You will learn what to do in an encounter or attack. You will gain practical skills in the use of deterrents like bear spray and air horns. Participants will also learn about wildlife attractant management and current best practices. .
In this course, you will learn:
- The importance of the wilderness to Canadians
- The hierarchy of controls to prevent or deal with
- Information about wildlife ecology and behavior
- How to identify bears, their signs, and prevent
- The difference between defensive, non-defensive,
and predatory encounters
- How to use bear spray, air horns and bear bangers
- Information on wildlife; and how to deal with
The course includes both theoretical and practical components.